Heres’ how to avoid leaving what is for what could be. If you embrace any of these it should ensure you remain as you are and you can avoid followthrough and actual change.
- Be vague in your focus. Say things like, “I want to lose weight”, “I will be more spiritually focused” or “I’ll be nicer to____”.
- Don’t write anything down.
- Keep your ideas to yourself. Don’t engage anyone else in your new hopes, they may actually care and encourage you and knowing someone else knows may help you be who you chose to be and do what you want to do.
- When faced with an actual opportunity to choose something different use “reasons” why the goal you chose is not really that important any more!
- If you do try something and it doesn’t turn out like you wanted, count it as a good try and don’t try anything else. Change in that area probably just isn’t possible.
- Listen to the lies that have become your norm. They are familiar and comfortable and really that’s what it’s all about isn’t it?
- Be careful not to identify thought or action patterns that need to be addressed.
- Focus on the obstacles and how overwhelming they are, not the opportunities and how change could open up new arenas.
- Don’t use a tool to help. Change shouldn’t cost anything.
- Stay the same. It got you this far didn’t it?
On the other hand, if you DO want change and what you have been doing isn’t getting you where you actually want to go Bridges Coaching Life On Purpose can help!
If you are happy with things as they are or if what you are doing is working this course is NOT for you! If you want a step by step personal journey toward change – it’s not too late to choose a new you and make something happen!