If you are like me and you don’t get a handle on your resolutions Jan 1st it almost feels like you can’t just randomly start on Jan 6th or something.
Those Facebook posts where people are sharing their “words” for 2015 caught me behind the eight ball this year. Visiting family over the holidays didn’t give me a lot of time to contemplate and listen to what God might have for me this year.
I was tempted to give up.
It felt like if I didn’t have those words prior to the big day my next opportunity wouldn’t be until the big day 2016. But God is gracious. That’s the one reason.
God always offers us a fresh start – over and over and over again. He is the God of new beginnings every day of the year!
So what did I do? I asked Him what He had for me this year. You can too. Lightening didn’t fall from heaven and no glow came to any verses I was reading, but deep in my soul I felt three things He wanted me to know.
1) (this first one is hard to share but worth it) I am not alone, I am not on my own. I’m not going to lie – being in business on my own has been rough sometimes and it’s a bit embarassing to say I am still working through some things, but I felt like I would be real and share that with you. I hope it helps someone. And,
2) I felt like He said, “Watch and See what I will do” In my heart I know my job is to stay faithful and keep moving forward as He leads. As I move in obedience He is opening doors and I stand amazed and grateful.
3) I’m proud of you. Woah! What? God thinks like that about me? You’d be surprised what He will say if you stop and ask…
I am tearing up as I write this ~ basking in His personal care for me.
What about you?
IT IS NOT TOO LATE!
God has personal things to share with you. You don’t have to wait for next New Year’s.
Try asking Him these questions and don’t expect a lightening bolt or glowing text. Just consider what He wants you to know – He’s in there trying to share if you will take time to listen.
- God – What one word do you want me to consider this year?
- Who do you want to reveal Yourself to me as this year?
- Is there anything else You would like to say?
I’d love to help you take a look at your life and this next year. Bridges Coaching offers a Life On Purpose Personal Workshop Retreat. Why not spend some time considering how you can live your life intentionally? This workshop changes my life every year! 🙂