I think NIKE’s got something here, along with the old adage, “Don’t just stand there, do something!”
Ideas are a dime a dozen. One of my daughters’ favorite Alice (in Wonderland) quotes is,
Why sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Dreams are cost free aspirations that may or may not actually happen.
Goals are closer to reality but we’re still not anywhere until we DO SOMETHING!
Here’s three reasons why “just doing it” is worth something.
- It might not work. That may be an odd starting reason, but it is such a good one. Here’s why: If “it” doesn’t work, then you can stop wondering if it will. Finding this out is great research!
- It might actually work. Until you actually stop thinking and follow something through to the end you won’t really know if “it” is anything!
- You are stuck till you do “it”. Wondering, waiting, planning, talking, thinking and even writing won’t get you to that next destination.
You’ve got to do something!
So here’s what I did. A couple years ago a friend offered to video record all my coaching classes. He thought the material was valuable and wanted to help me get it out to more people. Last Spring I finally took him up on the offer and in June my husband and co-taught all the coach training curriculum for an audience of 5 cameras.
It was exciting and exhausting.
Since then our friend Bryan March has been editing the footage, adding the slides and music and he is just about ready for release. I DID SOMETHING! We’re still working on our promo and packaging, but the ball is definitely rolling.
Also, this summer Chelsea Phillips redesigned the coaching notebook and did some needed work with branding. The finished project is like comparing a horse and buggy to a Ferrari! I am so thrilled.
As these things come together I have some choices to make about getting them out there. I have an opportunity to become paralyzed and just be happy for the upgrades OR I can try some things and develop new ways to offer coach training. It’s exciting but scary at the same time. A million questions parade through my mind.
But I will move forward because I know-
Being stuck does not take much effort but it can be extremely costly.
- What have you been thinking about doing but haven’t really actually done anything toward?
- What’s a baby next step you could take?
- When should that happen?
- What’s holding you back?