Last fall I went to my brother-in-law’s wedding in CA. (Congrats John and Karen!) While there I sat next to Michelle Pavasars, a bridesmaid of my new sister-in-law, and found she was interested in Coach Training and Destiny Discovery. She has since signed up for two of my courses. That is Serendipity.
Last week we had a couple of stumps removed from our yard. This got the ball rolling for more yard work and I found myself praying that “it would be nice if someone were just getting rid of some bricks or pavers and we could just get them for free”… yeah right. Well as Serendipity would have it while looking to purchase some pavers similar to ones we already had, the lady at the local landscape shop showed us a pile of bricks that had been removed from another job that they were just trying to get rid of. What!?!
Just the week beforeI had read Isaiah 65:24
I will provide for their needs before they ask, and I will help them while they are still asking for help.
As I read I felt like God was offering more to me/us than I realized. And I began to recognize that God sets us up for Serendipity much more often than we likely give Him credit.
It comes more naturally to look at what is not happening in our lives than to intentionally take time to look and thank Him for what He has done!
Enter the Serendipity Journal!
Here’s what I did. I stopped and started writing down amazing things that just “happened” to me recently and over the years. The result has been a growing awe of how God has been there for me much more than I realized.
Intentionally looking for Him and recognizing His hand has caused my faith in His care to grow exponentially!
Here’s some of the things on my list (in no particular order):
- Mike Fabretti – my daughter Natalie is engaged to the best guy for her. I am so grateful for how God put them together!
- Dawn Warsaw – she called me one August just to see if there was any way she could help me. I was in the middle of putting my new courses online while trying to prepare for EBI’s RA training… truly don’t know how that all would have happened without her.
- Our house! Eric happened to talk to a guy who helped us receive at grant that made building/owning our house possible at at time when we desperately needed more room for our family.
- DC – our son Zach and his wife Laura and their family are moving closer to us – thank you USAF! For the first time in their married life we will live in the same time zone, plus Zach will be in the US intelligence hub city. Who knows what God has in store there?
- YWAM- Tyler TX My parents went south this last winter and found this incredible place to park their RV. They were able to volunteer toward a worthy cause, be in a community of faith and were well cared for in a climate that was conducive for dad’s health.
- Josh Finley and EGC – So grateful for this leader and the kingdom culture he is building. Also grateful for my office barter and being in great building.
- Eric Peoples and Bryce Taylor – after Serendipitous conversations these two have not only leaned into coach training personally but are extending the same to the leaders in their churches. Life changing!
- Alfred not Hobart-William Smith My daughter Meredith will graduate from Alfred University in about a week. She had planned to go to HWS but her scholarship info/offer was changed at the last minute. She took a semester off and decided to switch to AU. While it was rough at the time Alfred is where she belongs.
- My hubby – at first neither of us “got it” that we were supposed to be together, but Serendipity kept putting us together and God revealed His amazing plan!
- My daughter Courtney and her husband Skyler were thinking about selling their house and mentioned it to a neighbor, within one week there was an accepted offer!
I could go on and on and on…”chance” meetings, offers to speak, coaching client timing, safety when I should have been hurt, Mike Kim’s help with my website and marketing… When you look for Him He can be found!
God is moving all around me. Serendipity has a name.
How about you? Where have you seen Him move on your behalf when you didn’t even realize how amazing He was?!